WooCommerce works with so many WordPress themes, it’s likely you won’t have any problem getting it set up and going, if you have a working knowledge of your own website.
With WooCommerce, you can:
- set up your Menu Categories, like Pizza, Burgers, Breakfast
- add individual menu items, like Pepperoni Pizza
- fill out a description
- put it in its Category, like Pizza
- add tags if it’s gluten-free or anything like that
- add an image
If the menu item has no variations, you’ll be done, but if it is variable, such as different sizes, optional add-on toppings, you’ll want to set up the customization options, or possibly buy the WooCommerce Product Add-Ons plugin if it’s a lot of options.
- enter the price
- create an order form using the WooCommerce Product Table plugin which is an additional purchase
- restrict your delivery or order area by zipcode using the WooCommerce Delivery Area Pro plugin which is an additional purchase
- restrict your ordering hours with the WooCommerce Opening Hours & Chosen Times plugin which is an additional purchase
Finally, you’ll receive orders via email, but if you want texts, you’ll need to purchase a plugin like WordPress WooCommerce SMS Notifications.
The main WooCommerce plugin is free, but additional plugins to control Add-Ons, the Order Form, Opening times, and SMS all cost extra.